Would you like to help strengthen the collaboration of women working in the film, video and digital media industries in New England? Want to play an important role in guiding the vision of this professional organization in 2016 and beyond? We are seeking at least 5 new board members to join our current dynamic team.
From December 15th to January 15th at midnight, WIFVNE is holding an open Board member nomination period. The nominations, and voting are now open to all active member levels – including those on the Student Level*. If you are not currently an active member, you can Join or Renew here.
From January 16-18th, members will cast their votes via online ballot for all new board members. Election winners will be announced on January 19th and new board members will be welcomed at a Board orientation meeting on January 26th. Board officer positions will be voted on at this meeting. See below for a full list of Board Duties.
If you are interested in joining the WIFVNE board and maybe even running for one of the officer positions, please contact us immediately. Or if you know of someone who would be a great candidate (and she/he is willing), please send us a nomination.
Send your nomination email to: email@example.com along with a few sentences on why you or your nominee would be a great asset to WIFVNE, and indicate if you or your nominee want to be considered for one of the officer positions. Please include a short bio and a current resume, along with a list of skills/experience.
* Any student who is enrolled in a post secondary school program in the film, television or digital media industry may join WIFVNE. Students who are in their junior or senior year, or in graduate school, and matriculated at a university or college (in these related majors) may be nominated to serve on the WIFVNE board.
All Board Member Responsibilities
- Serve as Ambassador for WIFVNE, including attending “industry” events, recruiting members when possible, spreading the mission and purpose of WIFVNE, and establishing contacts with other community organizations and businesses to further solidify the goals and objectives of the organization.
- With other board members, assume fiscal responsibility for the organization, including raising money.
- Attend monthly WIFVNE board meetings and committee meetings as needed. Only two monthly board meetings per year may be missed.
- Serve as a contributing and working member of the board. On average the time commitment outside of meetings is approximately two to four hours per week. During times of events, etc. that figure could significantly rise.
- Work as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the full organization.
- Attend WIFVNE events whenever possible.
Additional Board Officer Responsibilities
- Presides over all board meetings and emcees at programs and events when appropriate.
- Schedules and presides over executive committee meetings
- Guides policy, program development and financial planning for the organization.
- Oversees administration of organization in cooperation with other board members.
- Consults regularly with executive officers and all board chairs
- Delegates the administration of development efforts to vice president.
- Chairs the development committee (see development duties in description of that committee) and is responsible for overseeing financial development of the organization.
- Performs the duties and exercises the powers of the president in her absence.
- Presides over meetings in the absence of the president.
- Attends executive committee meetings as required.
- Works closely with the treasurer in drafting budgets.
- Takes minutes at all board meetings.
- Provides minutes to all board members one week in advance of board meetings and files a copy to the WIFVNE online office archive.
- Works with other board officers to ensure that all important records of the organization are filed in the office for archival and tax purposes.
- Responsible for annual budget and flow of the funds of the organization in cooperation with president and board committee chairs.
- Works with vice president and development committee in establishing goals for fundraising.
- Formulates and supervises budgets for programs and special events.
- Writes or approves checks for organizational expenses.
- Enters and maintains accurate bookkeeping records.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of organization’s tax returns.
- Fulfills responsibilities of WIFVNE’s 501(c)3 tax status.