Would you like to strengthen the collaboration of women (and men!) working in the film, video, and digital media industries in New England? Do you want to explore your leadership potential or lend your tried-and-true leadership experience? WIFVNE is seeking new board members to join our dynamic team who will play an important role in guiding the vision of this professional organization in 2020 and beyond.
From November 25 to December 7 at midnight, WIFVNE is holding an open Board member nomination period.
From December 11 to December 18, WIFVNE members will cast their votes via online ballot for all new board members. Results will be announced on January 3, 2020 and new board members will be welcomed at a Board orientation meeting to be scheduled based on their schedules. Board officer positions will be voted on at this meeting. See below for a full list of Board Duties. Nominations (and voting) are open to all active members at all levels.
If you are interested in joining the WIFVNE board or if you know of someone who would be a great candidate (and she/he is willing), please send WIFVNE a nomination. Send your nomination email to: email@example.com along with a few sentences on why you or your nominee would be an asset to WIFVNE and why you or your nominee is interested in being on the Board. Please include a short bio/current resume and a headshot/photo.
The WIFVNE Board is a hands-on working board. WIFVNE Board Member responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as Ambassador for WIFVNE, including attending WIFVNE and industry events, spreading the mission and purpose of WIFVNE.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with other industry organizations and businesses to further solidify the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Build WIFVNE membership and member benefits.
- With other board members, assume fiscal responsibility for the organization, including raising money.
- Attend monthly WIFVNE board meetings and committee meetings as needed.
- Serve as a contributing member of the board. On average, the time commitment outside of meetings is approximately two to four hours per week. Board members are asked to participate in the planning of and/or attendance at events, film festivals, industry gatherings, and other meetings, based on their interests and availability.
- Work as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the organization.
Additional Board Officer Responsibilities:
- Presides over all board meetings and emcees at programs and events when appropriate.
- Schedules and presides over executive committee meetings.
- Guides policy, program development, and financial planning for the organization.
- Oversees administration of organization in cooperation with other board members.
- Consults regularly with executive officers and all board chairs.
- Delegates the administration of development efforts to vice president.
- Performs the duties and exercises the powers of the president in her absence, including presiding over meetings.
- Acts as the liaison with WITFI and WIFT-US.
- Works with the treasurer in overseeing the fiscal responsibilities of the organization and in drafting budgets.
- Develops and maintains organization partnerships.
- Takes minutes at all board meetings.
- Provides minutes to all board members/files a copy to the WIFVNE online office archive.
- Ensures important records of the organization are filed for archival and tax purposes.
- Responsible for annual budget and flow of the funds, with president and board
- Works with vice president and development committee in establishing goals for fundraising.
- Formulates and supervises budgets for programs and special events.
- Writes or approves checks for organizational expenses.
- Enters and maintains accurate bookkeeping records.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of organization’s tax returns.
- Fulfills responsibilities of WIFVNE’s 501(c)3 tax status.
Email us with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org