The Call for Entries to the 2016 WIFTI Short Film Showcase is open!
Women In Film & Television Short Film Showcase (“WIFTI Short-Case”) is a powerful demonstration of our members’ creativity, vision, and artistry. Founded in 2004, the Showcase presents selected films from WIFTI Chapters around the world; some of the recent Showcase short films have been nominated for Academy Awards received distribution deals and garnered other recognition globally. WIFTI encourages unique points of view and storytelling that focus on subjects/issues that
Women In Film and Television International (WIFTI) is a global network comprised of over forty Women In Film Chapters worldwide with over 10,000 members, dedicated to advancing professional development and achievement for women working in all areas of film, video
and digital media.
CASH prizes of $750 for each award: Best of Narration, Best of Documentary, Best of Animation. These prizes will be awarded to the director. WIFTI Producers & WIFTI Selection Committee will determine Final Selection and select a film from WIFTI Chapters.
September 1, 2015: Early Submission
October 15 2015: Deadline for Entries
January 8 2016: Final Short-Case Announced
February 8 2016: Jury Selection of Award Winners
March 8 2016: WIFTI Short-Case Screenings
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) Upload your video to VIMEO, with a secured, protected password for use of WIFTI Short-Case Producers, Jury and Chapter representatives ONLY.
3) Email 2 photos (jpeg only): 1 color photo of the director and 1 color photo of production such as poster or filmgrab.
– Entrants must be a current member of WIFVNE or another WIFTI Chapter
– Entry Project running time up to 15 minutes
– Entry Project must be less than two years old
– Must have a woman director, plus women in two other key positions
– Early Submission/Preliminary Review: September 1 (This rough cut does not need subtitles. If requested, the filmmaker will receive written feedback from WIFTI Producers and can resubmit by Final Deadline.)
– Submit by Final Deadline October 15 (subtitled in English)
– Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions or require further information.
FAQ’s About WIFTI Short-Case:
How long has WIFTI presented the Showcase?
This is the 11th Anniversary of the Showcase and celebrated on International Women’s Day, March 8 by WIFTI Chapters all over the world.
Will there be a Jury?
Finalists of WIFTI Short-Case will be judged by an international Jury of professionals in the industry, including the WIFTI Producers. The selection process will involve an evaluation of all films in their entirety.
When will the Final Short-Case be shown?
The Final Selection and the award-winning films will be presented by each chapter on March 8th and subsequent screenings throughout the year.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO ON A WIFVNE HOSTED, FALL 2015 SCREENING OF LAST YEAR’S SHOWCASE WINNERS!