Mark your calendars for another WIFVNE & HSSW co-sponsored workshop:
PITCHING IT! with producer/talent agent Marilyn Atlas
Workshop and Pitch Session
Saturday, October 10th 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Lutheran University Church
66 Winthrop St.
Cambridge, MA – in the heart of Harvard Square.
You’ve written a great screenplay. It’s won awards or placed well in highly competitive contests. You believe it is ready for “prime time.” But how do you pitch it? In this 2 1/2 hour workshop, you’ll learn the do’s and don’ts from entertainment veteran, Marilyn Atlas. Enrollment is limited to 20. Deadline for sign-ups is Tuesday, October 6th at 5pm.
What students will learn:
1) What to include and not include in your pitch
2) Adapting your pitch to the audience you’re pitching to
3) Mistakes that writers make when pitching
4) Understanding the market and projects worthy of pitching
5) Importance of the hook
6) Refining your pitch. How to distill the essence of your story into short, sharp, easily digestible bite-size parts.
Know the difference between a log-line, an elevator pitch, and a 10-15 minute pitch. Learn the importance of tailoring your pitch depending on who you’re pitching to. Discover effective buzzwords to use in a pitch.
Marilyn will work with brave volunteers to tighten and reveal the idiosyncratic narrative thrust of your story… assuming there is one!