Talamas is reserving two spaces for interns from the current membership of Women in Film and Video of New England. They are looking for conscientious individuals who are interested in furthering their experience in digital cinema. Video Interns will develop their knowledge by training alongside Talamas video technicians and engineers giving them the opportunity to learn about custom camera builds and setups, lens collimation, projection, workflow, etc. Interns will be assigned a mentor and will have the opportunity to acquire experience handling and testing a wide range of equipment: cameras from DSLRs to the Arri Amira, associated lenses, as well as support equipment such as cine sliders, dollies, and stabilization gear.
Talamas Internship Syllabus:
● Each intern will be assigned a mentor.
● Check in/Check out with a mentor each day for daily assignments.
● Daily Journal will be kept by each intern (student specific).
● Interns will learn about Talamas and the rental industry.
○ Quality Control
○ Building rigs, jobs, etc.
● Interns will be members of the internal video production crew. They will assist in writing, fact-checking and will have the opportunity to shoot test footage, b-roll, internal events/seminars.
● Each intern will be required to pitch a video idea to Talamas. Once approved they will shoot and edit the video. They will complete their assigned video by the end of the semester/internship period. Talamas will hold a screening night and also post the videos to Talamas’ social media sites.
To apply, Women in Film and Video of New England interns must be current WIFVNE Members and should be prepared to commit a minimum 10 hours a week to their internship. Interns should also complete a project highlighting an issue facing Women today, or promoting the Women in Film Organization. Projects should be completed or close to completion after 4 months. Please email cover letters to: email@example.com subject line: Talamas Internship.